Thursday 25 August 2016

Relieving Neck Pain (self treat) try SWIMMING therapy

Started with a pain over neck and difficulty in rotating to the left. I guess it started after having intense workout lately,as I did not had a proper stretching before and after my workout.
It worsen on a particular day after having my lunch. 
I had like rashes all over my body and my head hurts so badly and i feel like vomiting (nausea).
The pain when i rotate my head !
So I did acupuncture and took my Chinese medicine (九味羌活汤)
That very night, it was Badminton Men Single's Final ! I had to watch !! LCW!
So I was lying on my lazy chair while resting my head on a fix position.
a MUST WATCH MATCH !!
Thank Goodness, I manage to survive throughout the night. 
And that very night because I got too excited and feeling sad for LCW, I couldn't really sleep. Yet, I have to work the next day and I know I have to sleep immediately or else my neck will get worse. So I did a TENDER POINT MASSAGE before bed. And indeed I had a sweet sleep <3 
so this is the spot where i place my back against my dumbbell and lie hardly on it to trigger it.By putting pressure onto it, you will feel the pain radiates over the neck towards the head! Its painful but its worth the pain! 
And YES ! I woke up feeling okay and went to work ! 
So, I rest a day at home after work. No workout for that night =( ~ 

Oh ya, my friend did cupping for me few days ago! Yet, we knew it wasn't enough cause the muscle injury was deep and my muscle was so tense even after cupping


The very next day I knew I need to do something with this mild pain that is still lingering, so I had to think of ways to relieve it. p/s: that's the sad part of being a practitioner, it is impossible to poke your own back, and its always busy time during work :( . I know it needed a few session of acupuncture with basic stretching to get rid of it. But it's ok ... let's see what alternative could do!
The day when people in the pool stare at my 'bruises' !

So, I went for SWIMMING the next day! And that very day ~ it was amazing that I felt the lightness after swimming, so I called it swimming therapy. Did a slow long stroke of freestyle and breaststroke and rest on the pool for half an hour.
Image result for levator scapulae stretch

stretching exercise ( do it as often as possible) 










Before getting a good shower ... went for a 15 minutes Sauna! #feelinggood

Actually, I don't really know much about swimming therapy. It's just what we used to tell people to do when they suffer from a backache. But it was my very first time seeing how it works on me. So, I did a little reading on it~ and I've found so many about aquatic therapy, must really learn them ! <3   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-FXBUuOu1Q

I always like swimming as it has always been a good stress reliever. As far as the physical, for those who may not favor or tolerate with high impact sports, swimming is a great alternative. Additionally, in times of injury swimming is a great way to stay in shape while avoiding high impact sports.

Image result for levator scapulae stretchImage result for levator scapulae stretch

Injury of my muscles:
Superficial : Lower Trapezius
Deep region : Levator Scapulae, semispinalis, Infraspinatus  

Anyway no harm trying ! =) 
http://www.livestrong.com/article/421711-swimming-as-a-therapeutic-exercise/


Going swimming again, and I'm going to try this :


No comments:

Post a Comment